Sunday, August 21

The Tongue

When I first started up this blog last year, I thought I would use it to express my feelings, vent, and bounce ideas off of anyone who would listen. When I got serious about this blog two months ago and started posting, I discovered that the Lord had something else in mind. Several times I have drafted a post and went to publish it but then had absolutely no peace about it. So I deleted those posts and didn't think much about it.

Today as I was typing a new post, the scriptures from James just kept coming to my mind. "For we all stumble in many ways. If anyone does not stumble in what he says, he is a perfect man, able to bridle the whole body as well...For every species of beasts and birds, of reptiles and creatures of the sea, is tamed and has been tamed by the human race. But no one can tame the tongue; it is a restless evil and full of deadly poison. With it we bless our Lord and Father, and with it we curse men, who have been made in the likeness of God; from the same mouth come both blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not to be this way." James 3:2,7-10

May the Lord help me to keep my blogs glorifying to Him. I guess my mom was right when she preached the infamous saying, "If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all!"

No comments:

 

designer : anniebluesky : blogu