Monday, September 18

Big Brother

I am finally reading George Orwell's book 1984. I wanted to read it the year I graduated (which was 1984), but somehow never got around to it. This morning as I was surfing the internet I ran across this article from the Daily Mail describing new talking cameras on the streets in England. People behind the cameras monitor the streets and discourage "anti-social" behavior by talking directly to the offender! I admit I am a little amused by this development, though I am surprised by the citizens' response...they apparently think it's great.

By way of keeping this post light, I can't help quoting the great thinker and politician from a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away:

"So this is how liberty dies...with thunderous applause." Padme Skywalker.

No comments:

 

designer : anniebluesky : blogu