Tuesday, September 23

That Might Work

I am actually not a huge ice cream fan. I can take or leave it, but Ben & Jerry's Coffee Heath Bar Crunch is pretty irresistable, even for me. However, If PETA has their way, it might just work to keep me from even thinking about eating Ben & Jerry's ever again!


VERMONT -- People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals sent a letter to Ben Cohen and Jerry Greenfield, cofounders of Ben & Jerry's Homemade Inc., urging them to replace cow's milk they use in their ice cream products with human breast milk, according to a statement recently released by a PETA spokeswoman.

"PETA's request comes in the wake of news reports that a Swiss restaurant owner will begin purchasing breast milk from nursing mothers and substituting breast milk for 75 percent of the cow's milk in the food he serves," the statement says.

PETA officials say a move to human breast milk would lessen the suffering of dairy cows and their babies on factory farms and benefit human health.


"The fact that human adults consume huge quantities of dairy products made from milk that was meant for a baby cow just doesn't make sense," says PETA Executive Vice President Tracy Reiman. "Everyone knows that 'the breast is best,' so Ben & Jerry's could do consumers and cows a big favor by making the switch to breast milk."

In a statement Ben and Jerry's said, "We applaud PETA's novel approach to bringing attention to an issue, but we believe a mother's milk is best used for her child."


All I can say is...eeewwww!

2 comments:

a portland granny said...

Well, now I think I have read everything!! Can you believe it??

I didn't get to the Civil War week-end. I've pretty much been down with my back since the beginning of Sept. Still hoping we can carve out a time to get together.....but waiting for back to improve.

The children must be back into school full swing. I know you are busy. Have fun! I know it is fun to see them learn--each at their own pace.

Unknown said...

Now PETA's really getting silly!

 

designer : anniebluesky : blogu