Wednesday, November 5

What Now?

I doubt anyone who reads my blog will be surprised to learn that yesterday's election didn't go the way I had hoped, not even remotely. This is the only part of living in Oregon I don't like, the wildly independent, often quirky, and mostly liberal ideologies. (But what can you expect from the least churched state in the country?)

So what now? I have been praying this morning and laying my hopes and fears before the Lord, and I ran across an article by Eric Redmond. The whole article is worth reading, but one paragraph was especially pertinent to me.

The question for me at this time is this: Can I continue to live Soli Deo Gloria under a President whose moral judgment already is questionable before he takes the oath of office?

Yes I can, for I can be obedient to Scripture, praying for the one in authority (I Tim. 2:1-8), honoring the one in authority (1 Pet. 2:13-18), submitting to the one in authority (Rom. 13:1-7; Tit. 3:1), and seeking righteousness for the entire citizenry (Prov. 14:34). These I will seek to do by grace. I will "honor the good appointment of God.

2 comments:

a portland granny said...

Both Tuesday and Wednesday's post were excellent. I hope to do a post about the election, but don't know if it will be relevant by the time I get around to it. I have already made a commitment to pray for Obama...and try not to be negative.

One blog I read a lot, was so full of the 'messiah' attitude, that I felt sick after I had read it. We know that no man is going to turn anything around without a lot of good counsel around him. It scares me--the adoration being given him.

However....that being said, God allowed it. We don't know His reasons, but it is not ours to question! Thanks for posting both of these posts. The Scriptures were excellent!

a portland granny said...

Its me again. Check out my post tomorrow--I tagged you. Sorry, but do with it what you want. I usually don't feel comfortable with these things, but it was kind of fun.

Hope all is well.

 

designer : anniebluesky : blogu