Friday, August 22

Old Camping News

*Sigh* I was doing so well last month at keeping up to date (did anyone notice that?), and then I stopped. I'm not sure why, but I just wasn't getting to my blog. Even though, this is old news, I am posting some pictures of our last days camping. This is my scrapboooking at the present time, and I can't bring myself to just skip it. Thanks for bearing with me.


Ryan kept asking me to take a picture of him every time he climbed a rock or tree, but I'll spare you all the pictures and just post this one.



I know I'm biased, but aren't these two dirty faces just the cutest?!



On our last full day of camping we decided to go for a hike. It was fairly warm, but we brought lots (seriously, LOTS!) of water and some snacks and headed off along the trail. It was a very nice trail, but apparently we went too far for Abigail as she had a complete meltdown on the way home. I gave her piggy back rides and tried to soothe her, but in the end she just had to cry it out, I guess.


We got back to camp, ate a meal and then relaxed for a while. The lake was terribly crowded, but we finally were able to carve out a small piece of the shore where we could get into the water. We all had a blast cooling off, cleaning up (nothing like a lake bath!) and swimming in the lake.


After our evening swim, we changed into dry clothes and played a few rounds of Uno. Then Abby went to bed a little bit early, and the rest of us played Phase 10 dice game. We finally had to retreat into the tent to avoid the flying ants that were incredibly attracted to our latern!


I thought this was funny...we passed this car with this guy
"walking" his dog while he rode comfortably in the vehicle!



The next morning after a quick breakfast, we broke camp, but not before getting rained on. Guess we weren't quick enough. It was just enough rain to create a muddy mess on our tent and canopy. After we left the campground, we did a few more geocaches and stopped at a really cool park for an hour or so.


The final excitement of our camping trip was passing the Oscar Mayer Wienermobile on the way home. No camping trip is complete without that, right?


No comments:

 

designer : anniebluesky : blogu