Thursday, August 21

Ziplock Ice Cream


Did you know you can make ice cream (okay, it's really ice milk) in 10 minutes in a Ziplock bag? I have been wanting to try this ever since I first heard about it, and I even took the supplies along to make it last time we went camping. However, it was way too cold to enjoy ice cream, so I skipped it.


Well, it was plenty warm this last weekend (think 90s!), so we gave it a try. It was so warm that we didn't really have tons of ice, so we only made one batch. You put milk, sugar, and vanilla into a quart size Ziplock and close. Then put that bag inside a gallon size Ziplock along with rock salt and fill halfway with ice. Close the bag and squeeze for five to ten minutes. Viola! You have ice cream!


I didn't have terribly high hopes about how tasty it would be, but I must say, it was pretty good! The kids thought it was pretty neat to eat ice cream while we are camping, and we will definitely do this again.

No comments:

 

designer : anniebluesky : blogu